Download Visa and MasterCard critical bulletins (PDF), last updated Summer 2017. Many of these bulletins only change every year or two. Subscribe to our newsletter for announcements of card brand updates.
CARD BRAND ACCEPTANCE RULES
- MasterCard Acceptance Rules (PDF) download from MasterCard site. See all MasterCard Rules (link)
- Visa Core Rules and Visa Product and Service Rules PDF download from Visa site. Part of Visa International Operating Guidelines. Over 800 pages of information including comprehensive dispute and chargeback information for merchants. Visit Visa for more merchant info.
- American Express Merchant Policy Guide (link to site)
- MasterCard Chargeback Guide
Visa (official site)
- Visa Stored Credential Mandate & Framework – Improving Authorization Management for Transactions with Stored Credentials https://usa.visa.com/dam/VCOM/global/support-legal/documents/stored-credential-transaction-framework-vbs-10-may-17.pdf
- Visa Clarifications on Stored Credentials and MIT Framework Mandates https://usa.visa.com/dam/VCOM/global/support-legal/documents/visa-clarifications-on-stored-credentials.pdf
- Visa comprehensive Merchant Resource download library
- Data Security Alerts, Bulletins & Webinars
- Chargeback Management Guidelines for Visa Merchants
- Card Acceptance Guidelines for Visa Merchants
- Visa EMV Overview
- Visa and Mastercard Interchange Rates
Visa Merchant Business News Digest – Good resource for IT, ERP/Accounting, Compliance officers
MasterCard (official site)
- MasterCard EMV Guiding Principles for Acquirers – even though not directed at merchants, very insightful
- MasterCard Future Payments Guide
Discover Merchant site
- https://twitter.com/3dmerchant Not signed up for my monthly newsletter? Look to past tweets and links to critical information.
- PCI Data Security Standard OFFICIAL WEB SITE
- Payments Fraud Liability Matrix [pdf], April 2016 Federal Reserve (Checks and Credit Cards) TIP- it’s a neat reference, but outdated almost the minute it went to print. When acquirers are liable, they pass it on to merchants. Link to the Federal Reserve Payments study history.