There are 62 Point of Sale (POS) apps listed on Infinite Peripherals App Partners. Infinite Peripherals is a leading provider of POS hardware for Apple products including the iPad. In the coming weeks I’ll post reviews on a very specific set of features. The features are:
- Credit card processing- is the app compatible with many merchant services companies or is it proprietary?
- Can the app store or use tokens in the transaction process. Tokens replace sensitive payment data. By enabling tokens for repeat customers, merchants can gain insights into customers.
- Scalability: is it one app = one account, or can a merchant access data by user, by location, etc. Is it part of a suite of solutions to reduce PCI burden?
- Multi-channel: are all channels integrated with one reporting hub?
- Fee relief: does the app have any intelligence to help merchants manage the cost of accepting payments, including swipe vs key entered.
To keep the list manageable the topics list is relatively small so merchants can see at a glance key differences. Your blog author, Christine Speedy, sells the CenPOS solution that’s includes a free mobile app, compatible with all Infinite Peripherals products. Although other apps are also available from our partners, usually they don’t stack up to CenPOS after a consultation.
Look for this subject title: iPad credit card terminal. Shown below is the Infinea Tab. The Infinea Tab