Qwickpay is a mobile POS application offered by Magtek, manufacturer of card readers. It’s a smart play by Magtek to ensure market share in the fast growing mobile payments market.
- iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch and iPad compatible
- The POS software will auto populate sales tax and tip if you like as a standard setting.
- Supports sale, void, refund and “protection code” which is for consumers who have a QwicKey.
- Presumably consumer adoption will increase the key to make this to make this feature useful. (Consumers purchase the QwicKey service, then generate one time use Qwick Codes [Formerly Protection Codes]. These one-time codes can be redeemed by a PCI compliant, ROC certified Payment Processor. A Merchant and online store can accept a Qwick Code in lieu of cardholder, personal account data.
- Supports signature capture and email receipt.
- Includes a virtual terminal, however it is not recommended that transactions are key entered.
UNIQUE CLAIMS ABOUT THIS MOBILE PAYMENT SOLUTION:
- Uses MagnePrint®,a dynamic card authentication technology based on the unique physical properties of the magnetic stripe, also referred to as the stripe’s digital identifier or (DI). It provides validation that the card itself is genuine and that its encoded data has not been altered.
- Immediate encryption (Triple DES) of all cardholder data with a derived unique key per transaction (DUKPT).
- Immediate tokenization or “substitution” of all cardholder data
THE INSIDE SCOOP- WHAT YOU REALLY NEED TO KNOW
- Users: This is really a one user system. If you wanted two users or more, you’ll need to tag to multiple merchant accounts, or at the very least, need a unique merchant account TID for each one. If the user is no longer authorized, you’ll have to get the device back or shut down the TID.
- Does it support level 2 data as specified in the FAQ? Yes, but the use won’t know when they need to enter extra data, or what that data is, so chances are, they’ll never qualify for lower level 2 data on business cards.
- Key entered: It is clearly NOT recommended, as indicated by large red print, for key entered transactions for a number of different reasons.
- MagnePrint- How much safer is this than simply verifying the last 4 digits from the front of the credit card?
- Encryption- there are a number of different ways to protect the cardholder data. This is a solid method, but not the only valid solution.
COMPARE TO CENPOS ENTERPRISE MOBILE:
There are numerous differences and here are a few highlights:
- MANAGE FEES PAID. CenPOS dynamically identifies the card issuing bank and method of input (swipe or key enter) and automatically collects and delivers the optimal data for lowest risk and interchange rate. QwickPay does not do this.
- MANAGE USERS/ RISK: CenPOS admin can manage an entire workforce in the field to accept payments and change permissions or access remotely. Users have the same priviledges on the virtual terminal. QwickPay does not allow for multiple users or user management. Additionally, CenPOS uses a variety of proprietary and merchant managed rules to manage risk, including automatically declining certain transactions, remote supervisor approval option, and automated email alerts.
- MANAGE BUSINESS: CenPOS reporting is extensive and easy to use. Qwickpay is limited and you even have to select which card types (Visa, mastercard etc) you want for each and every transaction.
- BUSINESS EFFICIENCY: CenPOS uses a single hub to accept payments from all sources- web, mobile, retail, kiosk etc, manage users, and access reports. QwickPay has none of these capabilities.
- COSTS: Qwickpay is cheaper with a one time fee. CenPOS charges per transaction fees, and has a $50/mth minimum.
- OTHER: CenPOS does not currently calculate tax & tip.
I RECOMMEND QWICKPAY FOR:
- YES. One man businesses.
- YES. Businesses with a single person on the road that accepts payments.
- LIMITED. Businesses that are primarily card not present, but which occasionally would like to get a card swiped while on the road to mitigate risk. Note: this would be for a card not present account with card not present rates, but you’d benefit from a signature on file and some fraud protection.
- NO Businesses with more than one person who would need, or with a mix of card not present and card swiped transactions.
- Qwickpay prices are determined by resellers.
- 3D Merchant price for QwickPAY (Apple) – one time charge of $90. – includes iDynamo SCRA*. No transaction or other fees.
- 3D Merchant price for QwickPAY (Android) – one time charge of
$130. – includes application, set up, and BulleT SCRA. * No transaction or other fees.
* Requires new merchant account with guaranteed price match to your existing merchant account.
WHERE TO BUY
- Qwickpay is sold through limited authorized resellers, usually payment processors. Call yours to ask for pricing and availability.
- A merchant account is needed.
- Contact 3D Merchant Services for QwickPay or CenPOS