The First Data FD200Ti desktop terminal features a built-in checkreader and imager that processes checks through the TeleCheck Electronic Check Acceptance® (ECA) service, which verifies the customer’s checking history and, as an option, offers a warranty service. While the check reader/imager processes paper checks, the device’s magnetic strip reader accepts all major credit and debit cards.
Connectivity is via Internet protocol, dial-up or (optionally) Wi-Fi. As an option, the FD200Ti also offers Dynamic Currency conversion (DCC) service, which makes it possible for international customers to pay in their credit card currency. (Merchants must also have the service turned on.)
First Data suggests this unit for the following industries
- Travel and Entertainment
- Direct Marketing
REVIEWERS NOTES: This is the most robust of the new First Data Ti series.
- Merchants can use one machine for both checks and credit cards.
- Flexible connectivity options, including wifi.
- Heavy duty and fast for high traffic.
- All FD series terminals only work with First Data. This one further locks the merchant into Telecheck as well. If you want to be flexible with payment processor options, choose something else.
- No integrated debit pin pad, but one can be added.
- Like all desktop terminals, credit card processing costs are dependent upon terminal settings and cashier actions. With todays changing payments industry, it seems like a heavy investment in an old way of accepting payments.
Recommendations: Choose this terminal if you are certain you want to have an account with First Data for at least the next three years, including any ISO that processes on the First Data platform, plus telecheck, AND you have a limited number of locations.
3Dmerchant.com Pricing: $595. Add $155 for 3 year overnight replacement service.
3Dmerchant.com pricing with new merchant account: $535.
Not sure if you want to be with First Data and Telecheck for three years? Ask about our universal hosted payment processing solution. Merchant equipment options include integrated signature capture, pin debit, gift card, EBT and check all in one terminal. Works with all major payment processors.