What is the best iPhone credit card reader? The Linea Pro, by Infinite Peripherals, was popularized as the hardware used in Apple Retail stores to facilitate rapid customer checkout. The Linea Pro is a sleeve for an iPhone or iPod touch. Merchants also need an iPhone app for credit card processing.
MOBILE HARDWARE: Linea Pro
The Linea Pro is a sleeve for an iPhone or iPod touch. In addition to providing a moderate level of durability and protection to the iPod touch, it also offers a hot-swappable battery that not only powers the scanner but also serves to keep the iPod fully charged. The Linea Pro has both a 1D/2D barcode scanner and magnetic stripe reader, which makes it perfectly suited for applications like retail point-of-sale where the product can be scanned and the customer’s credit card swiped. The Linea Pro is the perfect device for many types of applications, and although the latest version now supports the iPhone 4/4S and iPod 4th Gen, the Linea Pro does not work with the iPad. $499-599, ipclineapro.com.
iPHONE RECEIPT PRINTING:
Linea Pro offers a a few portable printer options. Star Micronics America has announced the availability of iOS and Android drivers for all of its printers. The drivers allow end-users to utilize Star Micronics printers in tandem with Apple iPad™, iPod Touch®, iPhone® and Android devices to generate receipts and perform related functions in retail and restaurant environments. The TSP100ECO is a popular receipt printer priced at about $235 online. They also offer a line of portable receipt printers.
MOBILE SOFTWARE: Linea Pro is a hardware only company. Special software must be used to process the information captured by the barcode scanner and magnetic stripe reading feature. Linea-pro does not come with any included software.
IPHONE CREDIT CARD APP: CenPOS Mobile
Transform your Apple device into a secure credit card terminal allowing you to accept card swiped, hand keyed and tokenized transactions. CenPOS Mobile is your entry point into the CenPOS community connecting you to all of your CenPOS payment acceptance platforms- including retail, online, ecommerce, phone orders, kiosk, and electronic bill presentment and payment. Access detailed reporting for transactions that occur throughout your business enterprise, not only on your CenPOS Mobile device. Our unique offering does not require you to change financial services providers, and is easy to implement. The app is free. CenPOS SaaS pricing is based on business volume.
CenPOS Mobile Features
- Receive credit card authorizations quickly and securely on the go.
- Full transactional array including: Sale, Repeat Sale, Create Token, Authorization, Force, Return, Credit, and Void
- Capture signatures electronically by having the customer sign on your CenPOS Mobile Device.
- Deliver customized receipts instantly to customers by email.
- Easy enterprise level reporting that allows you to view all payment activity through CenPOS. Payments made through your CenPOS Mobile device, retail location, and ecommerce website can all be seen in one location.
- Generate credit card authorizations by either swiping a credit card, manual entry, or through the use of a token*.
- Payment information is hosted and not stored on your CenPOS mobile device.
- Free software and no surcharge to use any of our other products
- 7 years data storage vs typical 12 to 18 months
- Remote supervisor approval, cashier permissions, and password change/ unblock
* Tokens are unique randomly generated alpha numeric character sets that replace the credit card information so that data can be securely stored for repeat and recurring sale needs.
INDUSTRY APPLICATIONS: IPHONE 4, LINEA PRO 4 AND CENPOS MOBILE work together to create efficiencies, mitigate internal and external fraud risk and control credit card processing expenses.
- Business to Business: Sales representatives capture credit card swipe at time of order with ‘dummy proof ‘ prompts, eliminating exposed credit card numbers on paperwork; store data for future payment processing. Qualify for both retail and MOTO interchange rates for lowest costs for each transaction type.
- Non-profit and event fundraisers: speed up checkout for silent auctions and capture valuable data about your donors using QR code and other options.
- Automotive industry: new car dealers deliver parts and record date, time, location when signature captured. License scann
- Restaurants: pay and sign at the table
- Casino: Credit at the table (Regulatory restrictions may vary.)
- Retail: Integrated bar code reader and payment app, holistic solution for multi-channel sales back office reporting.
- Telecom: Holistic solution for customers to pay bills in store at kiosk, buy new services on devices you sell, and pay bills online.
- Pawn & gun shops: integrated scanning of drivers license.
WHAT MERCHANTS NEED TO KNOW
iPhone vs iPad: The iPad solution is a bit clunkier due to the size of the iPad and method to attach peripherals. The iPhone sleeve is very thin and wraps around the iPhone. Which is best? It depends on your situation. For a fixed cashier station, the iPad may be the better choice, while for walk-around, the iPhone may be the best option.
Key- entered transactions: If you key enter a transaction on a retail merchant account, you’re required to get a signed receipt to defend against disputes. The assumption is that the customer is present, but the card didn’t swipe, so it’s a face to face transaction. CenPOS offers an alternative option. The merchant can choose to have all key-entered transactions submitted with the MOTO, or card not present, indicator. This is a key differentiator of other products. Call for details.
WHERE TO BUY:
Contact Christine Speedy 954-942-0483 for the entire range of products in this article, including CenPOS direct. Merchants can buy hardware from any source. We’re hardware and payment processor neutral.