The Equinox L5200 is a reliable multi-lane terminal, and at a lower price than comparable Verifone and Ingenico signature capture terminals.
Over the years, our clients have used all the top three brands with varying reliability. When buying a car, you can easily define good, better, best. That’s not so with multi-lane terminals.
Multi-Lane Differentiating Questions:
- Will the unit fit in the space I have?
- Do I have to get a stand for it?
- Is the screen durable enough for my volume?
- What is the cost of the extended warranty?
- How long has it been in the market? (New product lines may have reliability problems.) Or, what’s been the reliability experience with similar customers?
The L5200 has a sister product, the L5300, which is basically the same product, but with a bigger screen. The L5200 is ideal for automotive, truck, distributors, business to business, and any retail locations desiring a reliable signature capture terminal, a small footprint, and not requiring an permanent stand.
Multi-lane Software: What will drive the units?
The L5200 can be used standalone with any virtual terminal that supports multi-lane, and with POS applications. For example, they can be used with CenPOS, a universal payment gateway with virtual terminal. Contact 3D Merchant Services for CenPOS connectors for open source ERP retail software such as OpenBravo.
CenPOS L5200 supported features include:
- Contactless (NFC), including ApplePay, Google Wallet
- P2PE (Point to Point encryption)
- Pin debit
- EMV ready (EMV certification imminent)