The First DataTM FD50Ti terminal is an economical point-of-sale terminal that enables merchants to accept virtually every payment option with optional peripherals. The FD50Ti reliably processes transactions through an Internet Protocol (IP) or dial-up connection. Payment types accepted, with peripherals, include PIN-secured and signature debit, Visa®, MasterCard®, American Express®, Discover®, Diners Club International® and JCB®, plus First Data gift and loyalty cards. With the addition of optional peripheral equipment, the FD50 terminal can also accept contactless payments, electronic benefits transfer (EBT), and checks using TeleCheck Electronic Check Acceptance® (ECA®) or paper solutions.
- Save counter space
- Keep equipment costs low
- Sturdy, compact construction (7.8” long, 3.7” wide, 3.5”)
- Compatibility—PIN pads: First Data FD-10, FD-10C, FD-30 and others; Contactless readers: First Data FD-30 and others
First Data suggests this unit for the following industries
- Convenience Stores
- Mail order/telephone order
- Quick-service restaurants
- Serving international customers
REVIEWERS NOTES: Pros:
- Low cost of entry for a new terminal with lots of features and speed.
- Flexible connectivity options IP or dial up.
- Small footprint for tight counter space
- All FD series terminals only work with First Data. With the optional check scanner, it further locks the merchant into Telecheck. If you want to be flexible with payment processor options, choose something else.
- No integrated debit pin pad, but one can be added.
Recommendations: Choose this terminal if you want something inexpensive and are certain you want to have an account with First Data, including any ISO that processes on the First Data platform, for at least the next year or two. 3Dmerchant.com Pricing: $295. Add $125 for 3 year overnight replacement service. 3Dmerchant.com Pricing with new merchant account: $179. Not sure if you want to be with First Data or Telecheck for the long term? Ask about our universal hosted payment processing solution. Merchant equipment options range from a simple card readers to an integrated signature capture, pin debit, gift card, EBT and check all in one terminal. Works with all major payment processors. If you have low volume, or never see your customers, don’t buy any equpment; instead look at our virtual terminal options.