Effective February 1, 2009, the following rates apply for STAR debit activity:
* The STAR PINless debit interchange rate will remain at 0.65% + $0.14, with an updated maximum rate of $1.01 per item. The associated break-even amount is $133.85.
* The STAR Petroleum interchange rate will change to 0.80% + $0.14 per item, with an updated maximum rate of $0.71 per item. The associated break-even amount is $71.25.
Changes are scheduled to the pricing of the NYCE and STAR debit networks .
NYCE Effective January 1, 2009
* The Switch Fee is increasing from $.0375 to $.05 Per Item. This impacts the following pricing categories:
* Retail transactions will be billed at 0.75% + $0.20 per transaction and there will no longer be a maximum per transaction fee.
* Quick Service Restaurant merchants will be billed at 0.55% + $0.115 per transaction with a maximum of $.55 per transaction.
* Grocery merchants will now be $0.31 per transaction.
* Returns will now be billed at $.05 per transaction.
STAR Effective February 1, 2009
* Petroleum merchants will now be charged .80% + $0.1725 per transaction with a maximum transaction fee of $0.7425.
* PINless Bill Payer transactions have a new maximum fee of $1.0425 per transaction.