A hosted online web pay page ensures business cash flow and continuity after a disaster like Hurricane Irma by enabling customers to make online payments from wherever they are. With no USPS mail delivery, businesses that depend on checks in the mail need immediate solutions to get paid. A pay page helps solve the problem for both parties.
A hosted pay page enables customers to passively pay bills online via a secure web page. Payment types may include credit cards, Paypal, ACH (echeck), wire and other methods. Because it’s hosted by a 3rd party PCI level 1 certified service provider, PCI Compliance burden is reduced for merchants.
Hosted Pay Page Implementation options:
- Direct customers to 3rd party custom URL- no change to merchant web site needed. Just email or text the link.
- Link from merchant web site to 3rd party custom URL by updating web site. Html and pay now graphical button available.
- Embed the secure payment object on merchant web site via iframe html. Customers never leave merchant web site, but payment is accepted on the 3rd party web site.
There are other ways to collect payment remotely, including our alternative service that enables businesses to push out payment requests via via email or text. This method is proven to increase loyalty as well as reduce time to collect payment and is available for an additional fee.
Managing Costs with Online Payments:
The hosted payment solution selected directly impacts the cost of credit card processing. For example, our solution with Smart Rate Selector automatically optimizes the transaction to qualify for the lowest rate. Compliance with rules are complex and few payment gateways have a solution to comply with every situation. With the right implementation, the cost of card not present transactions are often exactly the same as card present, and can be lower than if employees key enter transactions into a virtual terminal.
Mitigating Fraud Losses and Chargebacks:
Merchants can reduce risk of lost credit card disputes and resulting chargebacks with a multifaceted approach:
- Verify address & zip code
- Verify CVV / CID security code; if using token billing, prior validation is OK
- 3-D Secure: Verified by Visa (Vbyv) and MasterCard SecureCode – cardholder authentication shifts fraud liability back to issuer.
- Comply with transaction authorization rules (it’s complicated, especially if performing an authorization now and capture later.
Free Hosted Pay Page Info:
- Quick and easy to set up
- Start-up fee waived
- Works with your existing merchant services account
- Echeck / ACH directly to your bank overnight in most cases
- Optional ACH with guarantee additional fee
- After power is restored, optionally continue with services at predetermined rate (hosted pay page always included with other services)
- Available to all businesses impacted by Hurricane Irma or Harvey exclusively through Christine Speedy.
Christine Speedy, CenPOS authorized reseller, 954-942-0483. CenPOS is a merchant-centric, end-to-end payments engine that drives enterprise-class solutions for businesses, saving them time and money, while improving their customer engagement. CenPOS secure, cloud-based solution optimizes acceptance for all payment types across multiple channels without disrupting the merchant’s banking relationships.