The Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, including the Durbin Amendment, set off a series of changes in the financial world, several with big impacts to businesses. This bulletin reduces hundreds of pages of regulations into a a two page overview. Included are critical excerpts from each regulation, advice, and real world solutions you can use to leverage legislation to your benefit. It answers the questions- What do I need to know, and how can I use this to improve EBITDA and reduce risk?
This reference guide is targeted primarily towards the needs of businesses that match our current and future client base. Mid to large size retail and card not present business operations including manufacturers, distributers, non-profits, utilities, retailers, and non-grocery, non-fuel entities.
• Lower cost debit coming soon will create huge incentive for merchants to drive debit.
• Merchants may steer customers to lower cost payment methods by offering discounts and publicly stating their preference for payment types.
• Merchants may be held criminally liable for identity theft.
• Merchants need to make it easy for customers to opt-out of recurring billing.
• Merchants updating technology should consider the flexibility they’ll have for ongoing regulation changes.
Download PDF 3D Merchant Services Condensed Guide for Merchant Payments Related Legislative Updates 2010, 2011 and to 2012. An apology in advance, it was very difficult to fit and is best viewed on your screen.
Download secondary PDF about some of the solutions mentioned. 3D Merchant Payment Processing Technology to increase debit and other benefits.
Did you like this article? Share your friends.